28th November 2015 Youth Program in Southall:
Led by Sooba Kuldip Singh Chana, the youngest children of Southall Sadh Sangat were encouraged and given guidance on how to do Naam Simran and attend in Sadh sangat. To draw in the kids , an event was organised in which the children were asked to take time on stage and express their abilities. The children performed shabads, sangeet, talks, kavitas and recited Bani to mark the Parkash purabs of SatguruNanak Dev Ji and Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji. After their performances the children were presented with tokens of appreciation including a assan, a certificate of participation andledger to keep a log their daily Naam Simran.
The following children performed:
- Rajan Singh Arora – Tabla Solo & recitation of Japji Sahib paath.
- Nantha Singh & Miss Nishan Kaur Matharu – Short geet
- Manpreet Kaur Matharu – performed the shabad ‘Rasanaa Japathee ThooheeThoohee’
- Attar Kaur Hanspal & Satpal Singh Chana – told Sakhis (short stories) of Guru Nanak Dev J
- Santa Singh Bhuller – shared extracts from Pavitaar Updesh of Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji.
- Sant Kaur Bhogal – shared with sangat the blessing showered by Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji on her father, Raagi Satvinder Singh
- Jaidev Singh Chana – kavita on Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji.
Brothers Gian Singh & Ganga Singh and sisters Sukhleen, Avneet and Namrita also had stage time.
As the set protocol, the evenings proceedings had began with an hour of Naam Simran and ended with Kirtan by Ustads Harbhajan Singh and Gurdev Singh (accompanied by Raagi Satvinder Singh, Hakam Singh and Sarabjit Singh). They sang a melodic composition of Guru Arjan Dev’s bani – “Raaj N Chaaho Mukath N Chaaho Man Preeth Charan Kamalaarae”
Towards the end the children engaged with Bibi Harbhajan Kaur Chana, who explained the children why and how Naam Simran is done.