The following five persons were the firsts to be blessed with Guru Mantar and baptized with Amrit. They became the ‘Namdhari Sikhs’ – The Sant Sipahi’s – the Sant Khalsa.
- Sant Kahan Singh Nihang: He belonged to the village Chak Kalan, of Malerkotla. He was Subedar in the Sikh regiment along with Satguru Ram Singh Ji. He had become a true devotee of Satguru Ram Singh Ji, while he was still in the army. After the battle of Mudaki, he left the army and came to Sri Bhaini Sahib.
- Sant Labh Singh: He vas a famous ragi (musician) from Amritsar. One day he heard the heavenly voice, while sleeping, “if you want to have darshan of the Guru, come to Bhaini sahib”. He woke up from sleep and irnmediarely left for Sri Bhaini Sahib.
- Sant Atma Singh: He was a learned person from district Sialkot. He went in search of me true Guru to Sri Bhaini Sahib, where all his desires were fulfilled.
- Sant Naina Singh: He was from the village Wariyah district Amritsar. He had a keen desire to receive blessings from the Guru. Sant Labh Singh guided him to go to Sri Bhaini Sahib and have the blessings of the Guru.
- Sant Sudh Singh: He was from the village Durgapur district Jallandhar.
They were then called Sant Khalsa or Namdhari Sikhs.